THE MYSTIC CHRIST REVIEWS
The following reveiws are from Amazon where the book The Mystic Christ enjoys 45 reviews and a 4.5 star rating:
1. This book will be a lifetime read. It is something to be studied, not just read. I would suggest anyone looking for a deeper insight into the mysticism of Christian thought, should read this.
2. Well written and extremely well referenced with biblical passages that illustrate his understanding of Jesus' teachings from a very aware spiritual perspective.
3. I got so much out of this book, it was amazing. i bought extra copies for my spiritually-minded friends. if you are faithful to your religion, you probably won't like it because it is all about faith in God, not a church
4. No one recommended this book to me...I simply found it on Amazon.com while doing research on the internet. What a great surprise. This is the type of book you want to purchase by the dozens and hand out to those you think may appreciate it. It is loaded with truths and helps to erase the myths and lies we've been taught over the years. I would love to meet and have a conversation with the author. I love it.
5. This book has the ability to take your "safe", egocentric, private view and image of Jesus Christ out of your own little box- and reframe it forever. Does this frighten you? If so, then this book is not for you. But, I absolutely recommend it for anyone who is on a true spiritual journey - or has the courage (faith?) to get on one. You may just "hear", for the first time, what Christ was saying. I stumbled upon this book a couple years ago by searching the often quoted words of Jesus: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Light......" We are using this book as our shared discussion reading in our men's group and all agree that it is powerful and insightful! Written by a true spiritual seeker who has not only done his background research but also has done his necessary "soul work". A real gem of a book that will help you take these words of Christ seriously: "Follow me"
6. This is a life-changing book in the sense that it truly explains the divine essence of Christ and how it relates to our own lives.
7. As a voracious consumer of religious texts from a variety of faiths and viewpoints, I was completely transformed by The Mystic Christ in a way that I have been moved by no other book. Ethan Walker has defined and described a view that lends credence to the possibility that all religions are based on a single simple concept, where theological differences are the makings of man. It is amazing that material of such substance and depth can be presented in an easy-to-read style that is at times as humorous and light as it is enlightening. This is a marvelous book.